Offerings for Homeschoolers!
• Private Lessons during the day/school hours
• Shakespeare on the page and onstage
• Small Group classes by request : Do you have a group of four or more homeschoolers who would like to learn about a subject in Music or the Arts? We are happy to create a class for you or your homeschool coop that is specifically tailored to your request. Give us a call or an email to find out more! Examples may include: Songwriting, Musical Theatre, Stage Movement, Voice and Speech, Chorus, Performance Workshop, Audition Prep for High School and College Music and Theatre programs, Acting, Scene study, Theatre History, Monologue Workshop, Play Writing, Directing, Script Analysis, Rock or Jazz Band Ensemble, Performance skills for Singers, Music Theory, DIY Craft intensive, Yoga, Early Learning Music & Movement and we are open and excited to hear your requests as well !
SHAKESPEARE : ON THE PAGE & ON STAGE
Contact : email@example.com or 857-247-5031 to reserve your space now!
Meeting time: Wednesdays, 12:00 - 2:30 9/19/18 - 12/5/18
Location: Community Creations 528 Adams Street, Milton MA 02186 2nd Floor
Text: No Fear Shakespeare - side by side, provided at 1st class meeting
Cost: Tuition - 360.00 & Materials fee - $20.00
Course Description: Come to Community Creations and learn about the fascinating world of William Shakespeare! In this class we explore the works of Shakespeare both out loud and through written analysis and have a great time doing it! The course will include:
• Study sonnet form and write original sonnets
• Discover Shakespeare’s influence on modern English
• Learn to scan and analyze Shakespearean text and discover Shakespeare's use of rhetoric/style to direct the action/performance of his plays
• Read and study two complete plays
• Examine the difference between Shakespeare as read vs. Shakespeare as performed/seen as a piece of theatre
This class will give you the tools to understand and appreciate Shakespeare’s plays and sonnets while having a great time. Fall in love with Shakespeare this fall at Community Creations.
9/19 Sonnets and scansion Basics. Scan a sonnet in class.
HW Scan a sonnet ( Analysis, Explication, question)
9/26 Sonnets and scansion aloud
HW Write a sonnet
10/3 Present original sonnets, Discussion: Why is Shakespeare still relevant/popular in modern times
HW Research list of 20 words invented by Shakespeare Short & essay : Pick 5 and discuss their importance/ impact,
10/10 Words Invented by Shakespeare/ Discussion
HW Read Midsummer Act I - III , write 1 page plot summary & 3 Questions
10/17 Midsummer Nights Dream
HW Act IV & V Scan/Analyze one Scene or Monologue, 1 paragraph plot summary & 2 Questions
10/24 Midsummer Nights Dream, Music in Shakespeare’s plays
HW Study Questions, Research : Find an audio version of a song from a Shakespeare play
10/31 Midsummer Nights Dream Discussion, Share/listen to songs
HW Read Hamlet Act I -III
HW Read Act IV Scan/Analyze one Scene or Monologue
HW Choose Monologue, Sonnet or Scene for Final Presentation and scan. Bring Copies For all class members.
11/21 Hamlet Movie (time permitting), review scansion for final presentation THANKSGIVING WEEK
HW: Final Essay Rough Draft
(Scanned Text Aloud//VS Cold Read)
12/5 Final Presentation - Present memorized piece & final paper due